NOTE: This feature is only available in the new version of Dash Online (currently in beta testing)
Dash has implemented a new feature to allow for linking off to an external website for program registration. We understand that in some cases it is necessary to use a 3rd party vendor for registrations and Dash has made it possible to display to your customers all of your different program registration types on one page. Keep in mind, this feature requires the use of the new version of Dash Online.
There are some very specific steps that need to be followed in order for this to work
- Create a brand new "Program" type (must not be used or attached to any other existing seasons or levels) by typing in "program" in the global search box.
- In order for this tile to appear in the Program Search for customers to be able to access and click out of Dash Online , a season, one level, and at least one program roster attached to the level must be created. In Dash Online this season will not appear anywhere else to accept registrations but you will need to ensure no one on the admin side adds teams if you are using a 3rd party for this.
- Create your season. There are two important parts for the season settings. First is to assign the new Program you just created to the season and the second are the online registration dates. The tile will only appear as long as the dates are valid. If it is a league season, you do not have to worry about the check box for allowing new teams to register because that will not be happening in Dash. Nor will all of the other Registration options such as payment plans, emails, etc.
- Create your level. The level settings are not important because again, no one will be registering for this season. However, you still have to fill things out. The program you can leave alone because it will use the one that is set at the season level.
- Create one roster (team, class, camp, etc). In order for the tile with the link to appear there must be at least one roster attached to the season that is active and open to online registration. It can be set to "private'.
How It Looks
Once set up properly, here is an example of how the tile can look in the Program search.