In some cases you may need to move a credit from a parent's account for example to help pay an open invoice on a child's account.
How it Works
In my example below, the parent has a credit of $15 on their account while one of their children still owes money. They would like to use that credit to help pay the balance owed.
- Go to the parent's or the customer's account where the account credit is located. Under their name, you should see the amount of the credit plus a "Make Payment" button. Press this button.
- The following page will be a listing of any open invoices for that customer. There is an open box next to the invoice that the credit resides in. If you put your cursor inside of it, it will automatically populate to the amount that is owed on that invoice.
- Once you hit the "Make Payment" button, you will see the credit will appear in your Shopping Cart. The next step is to go to the child's profile page or the other customer who has the balance on their account.
- Under the customer's name and account balance, you will need to click the "Make Payment" button to access the open invoice listing for them.
- In the Payment open box, instead of using the autofilled amount that the customer owes on it, you need to change it to the amount of the credit you are moving over from the other customer. In my example, I need to change the amount to a $15 payment.
- Press Checkout and you will see in your Shopping Cart, two items that if everything was done properly, should total $0. I typically will enter in a Payment note explaining what I was moving the account credit over and Press Checkout.