Note: This feature has not been released to everyone yet.
One of the recent updates to Dash included the event page. Since the event editor and booking manager are related we decided to integrate the two in our recent release. When creating a new booking event, you will notice the breadcrumbs in the upper left corner to let you know it is part of a booking rental and allow you easy access back to the main Booking Manager page.
How It Looks
Creating a Booking Event
Once you fill in the date, time. location info, you can decide whether it will be a series of rentals or just a one time event. In the "Fees" section, you will see a list of suggested fees that comes from the Booking Options assigned to the Resource. You can add an alternate fee if you like by typing in the product name.
Once you click "Save" you will be brought back to the main Booking Manager page. From here and you make any additional adjustments or view the contract as usual.
Viewing Existing Booking Event
When looking at an event on the calendar, if you click to view the details, you will notice the Booking events display the Booking Contract number in the hover window.
When looking at an existing event, there are some new options that we have added.
- Tasks: You can now assign tasks for each event in the booking.
- File upload: Each event can have it's own files uploaded.
- Comments: Each Booking event within the Booking can have it's own comments for the staff if needed.
- Staff: If you want to assign Staff to a Booking event, we have the capability to do this.
- Custom Fields: If there are custom forms assigned to the event type, these will display on each event as well as well as the main Booking Manager settings.
With this new update, we also added the ability to copy an existing booking structure with events and fees and roll it over for easy invoicing. Check out this help article to learn more.
Take a look at this video to see these changes up close.