Note: You can access it by clicking the "Try our Drag & Drop Calendar" in the upper right hand corner.
A lot has changed with the new calendar. Here is just a few things to look forward to:
- Drag and Drop
- Multi Day View
- Event Series Editing
- Booking Manager Integrations (price changes)
- Improved search and custom personalization
You will immediately notice that the resource filtering controls have been enhanced from our original calendar. You may want to review or create new resource groups to improve switching between common resource subsets.
You may see a notice stating that you are rendering a high number of resources. If you have a powerful computer, you can increase this limit in the settings drop-down described below. Otherwise, apply some resource filters to reduce the number of active resources. These settings will persist between sessions.
You will notice that clicking events and resource headers no longer take you to their respective pages. This feature is still available through double-clicking.
The calendar no longer auto-adjusts the time-span when events lie out of bounds. Instead, these events are noted with orange badges in each date's header, described below. Clicking these badges will adjust the view to see these events.
How it Looks
Side Bar Controls
On the sidebar, you will see the controls for selecting the dates, filtering the visible resources, locations, resource groups and event type. There is also a second tab where you can select specific resources to view.
When making any changes on the left side bar you'll see the "Refresh" button light up. You will need to press the "Refresh" button to trigger the new settings. When the refresh button is not lit, pressing it will reload all settings and event data.
If you ever need to collapse the left nav section, to allow more viewing of the calendar, you can press the 3 stacked lines just to the left of Refresh button.
Multi Day Select
Activating this preference will allow you to view multiple days either side-by-side, or stacked, depending on your preferences. When you turn on the selector, you can click on the dates you want to view.
Should you have any events which fall out of you time-span you'll find orange badges in these date headers which will allow you to quick adjust the time-span to view them.
Top Bar Controls
- Today: Easily jump to the current day on the calendar.
- Undo/Redo: Quickly revert to previous changes
- Collapse/Expand: Fold up sub resource areas to be able to view more on the page
- Calendar Links: Access the Event Search and Availability Search
- Calendar Display Settings:
- Sort Resources allows for a numeric method of sorting resources. This is easier to use when making many large sort adjustments.
- Multi-day view dictates how you want days to align with each-other. You can choose either side-by-side (horizontally) or stacked (vertically).
- Calendar Zoom will let you adjust the view increment of the calendar. You can set it to 60 minutes for a high-level look at your resources or set it to 5 minutes to facilitate small time adjustments.
- Drag & Drop Increment determines how small an interval you want your drag actions to snap to. You should set this based on your business’s scheduling process.
- Day Start controls the hour on which to start the calendar day. Unlike the old calendar, this will not magically adjust itself should an event fall outside of your day start setting.
- Day End controls the hour on which to end the calendar day. Unlike the old calendar, this will not magically adjust itself should an event fall outside of your day end setting.
- Max Resources controls how many resources you will have displayed at a time. Because our new calendar is driven from the client computer, the number of resources your machine can render at a time may vary. Please keep this setting low unless otherwise necessary.
- Column Width allows you vary the size of each resource. If you want to fit in multiple days on your screen, it is best to use "micro" or "slim".
- Load All Resources allows cross-location managers to load all locations initially. This allows them to persist a custom multi-location view.
- The lock icon can prevent you from accidentally moving events around in the calendar. Unlock it when you are ready to make your changes.
With our Resource headers, you’ll notice arrows for collapsing and expanding individual resources. If you hover over the headers, you will also notice that they are draggable. Dropping a resource header on another resource header will place it to the left, allowing you to re-organize your resources right from the calendar. You can access the Resource set up page by double clicking on the Resource name.
To create a new event, simply click anywhere on the calendar you would like the event to take place. The event type modal will appear to get you started.
If you click on an event in the calendar, you will see a popover that lists the details of the event. To edit an event, you can either double click on an event or press the pencil icon from the popover.
Drag and Drop
You can drag an event to change the time or resource. Dragging from the top or bottom edges will allow you to resize that edge (eg. adjust only the end time).
Editing a Series
If there is an event that is part of a series and you try to make a change to it, a popup will appear to verify whether the change should apply to the entire series or just the one event.
When trying to edit an event, if there is a schedule conflict, you will see a popup warning to let you know what you did wrong.
Booking Manager Events
For those events created through the Booking Manager that display on the calendar, if you click to view or edit these, it will take you to the Booking Manager feature (as long as you have the proper Booking Manager authorization). If you have the Booking Create/Edit authorization, you can drag the event to a new location on the calendar and it will update the Booking. If there are price changes because of this change, auto-added fees will be adjusted and you will be notified of the price change.
Unscheduled Events Tray
At the bottom of the window you’ll see the Unscheduled Events tray. Click on the Unscheduled Events tray to move events off the calendar for later scheduling.
Calendar Authorization Notes
- Users without the calendar permission cannot view the calendar
- If a user’s calendar permission is limited to certain facilities, then they will only see those facilities in the sidebar and only unscheduled events from those facilities in the unscheduled events tray.
- Users without the event edit permission cannot edit events
- Users without the booking edit permission cannot drag booking events in calendar.