So you have followed all the steps in setting up your Point of Sale for your restaurant and now you want to start using it. What sets the Restaurant POS apart from our normal cash register is that you can track and interact with your orders (invoices) directly from the POS.
Now you are ready to start taking orders. In the global search bar type in "Restaurant POS" and select your restaurant from the sidebar on the left. This determines the orders you see on the ‘Orders’ page and which printers and delivery locations you’ll use.
- The first tab is the Cart tab. This is where items are added before they have been finalized and added to the order.
- The second tab is order information. Here you can see and modify order information such as due date, order buffer, order marker, delivery location, customer, flag as ‘to go’, and add an order note (allergies, customer descriptions, etc).
- The third tab is the order list tab. Here you can see items in the order along with their price and color-coded state. You can even do reversals on items from this list by clicking the rewind arrow to the left of the item (the list of color-codes is found in the filter toolbar on the Orders page).
- The fourth tab is order actions, this is where you: finalize the cart into the order, transition Items into the delivered state, re-print items to the kitchen should a problem have arisen, print customer receipts, set the order tip, payout the order, leave the order or mark it as deleted.
Adding Items to the Cart
From the Restaurant POS page, you can click on the "New Order" button. Then select an item for your Point of Sale.
- If you add one of your fulfillable products to the cart, you will see the POS change to the item builder view. Here you can add a note, change addons and make modifications before adding the item to the cart.
- Once an item is in the cart, you can always press the "Delete" to remove a single item.
- If you need to add other non-POS items such as team fees, memberships, etc you can always move away from the Point of Sale screen but when you are ready to checkout, come back to the "Restaurant POS". If you are using multiple windows, just click the cart icon in the order side panel to refresh the cart.