The Transaction Fee feature allows you to charge a percentage based fee to your customers at time of checkout for credit card transactions.
- Create a new Transaction Fee product. Keep in mind this will appear on your customer's invoice and in their shopping cart in DASH Online when checking out.
- Tips for product set-up:
- The fee should be a Normal Product.
- The price does not matter in this case because it will vary depending on the cart total. I used 1.00 for example.
- In my example, I used the "Misc" Category and the "Temp/Fees" Subcategory.
- Add a GL Code if you would like to be able to report specifically on this product.
- The rest of the options are not important in this product set-up and can be left alone.
- Press the "+" to add a new fee.
- Name: Add a name to your Fee. In this case, the name does not matter. No one will see this except when viewing this set-up page.
- Product: Type in the Transaction fee product you created.
- Rate: Add the percentage rate you would like to charge for each credit card transaction.
- Minimum Fee (optional): If the percentage rate for the cart is below your minimum fee amount, this will be charged instead.
- Press the "Save New Fee" button.
How It Works
Once a customer adds a product to their shopping cart and chooses to pay using a Credit Card, the Transaction Fee will automatically appear as well.
Here is how the invoice will look after the transaction is complete.