The Transaction Fee feature allows you to charge a percentage based fee to your customers at time of checkout for credit card transactions.
- Create a new Transaction Fee product. Keep in mind this will appear on your customer's invoice and in their shopping cart in Dash Online when checking out.
- The fee should be a Normal Product.
- The price does not matter in this case because it will vary depending on the cart total. I used 1.00 for example.
- In my example, I used the "Misc" Category and the "Temp/Fees" Subcategory.
- Add a GL Code if you would like to be able to report specifically on this product.
- The rest of the options are not important in this product set-up and can be left alone.
- Tips for product set-up:
- Next, the Transaction Fee will need to be created. In the global search box, begin to type in "Transaction Fees". In order to gain access to this page you must have the Product Management authorization.
- Press the "+" to add a new fee.
- Name: Add a name to your Fee. In this case, the name does not matter. No one will see this except when viewing this set-up page.
- Product: Type in the Transaction fee product you created.
- Rate: Add the percentage rate you would like to charge for each credit card transaction.
- Minimum Fee (optional): If the percentage rate for the cart is below your minimum fee amount, this will be charged instead.
- Press the "Save New Fee" button.
How It Works
Once a customer adds a product to their shopping cart and chooses to pay using a Credit Card, the Transaction Fee will automatically appear as well.
Here is how the invoice will look after the transaction is complete.