If a customer would like to split a refund using multiple payment types or issuing the refund onto multiple credit cards that the customer has used within that last year, here is how this can be done in DASH:
- Once all of your reversed items are in the cart, press the "Checkout" button. This will take you to the Payment Screen.
- In order to refund to more than one payment type, you must check the box "Split Tender".
- The payment type will default to a credit card but you can choose which payment types you want to start with by pressing that payment tab.
- For example, if you want to have the first payment refund applied to the card they paid the original invoice with, then the amount owed will automatically be entered in the "Amount on Card" line. Enter in the actual amount of money you are refunding to this card.
- Click the "Add Card Payment" button.
- Choose your next payment tab and enter in the amount and payment information (other credit card, check number, cash, etc). Press the "Add Payment" button so that you can finish processing the payments in the shopping cart.
- Email Receipt: By default this box is checked. In most cases you will want to send a receipt to your customer but there may be some cases where you choose to not send this.
- Add Note: A payment note can be added to an invoice for internal records or to pass along any information to the customer. With Split Payments, you can add a different note for each payment type added.
- On the right hand side of the cart, there will be a summary of the refund payments that have already been applied. Press the "Process Checkout" button when you are done adding all of the payments.