In most cases, you will want to attach an invoice to your rental or event so your staff can see both at the customer profile page and at the event page, whether it has been paid. Once your Rental has been created, you have the option to use an existing rate (if a Booking Option is assigned to the current Resource), create a new invoice from scratch or search from an existing list of invoices under the customer profile page to add.
Creating a New Invoice Using a Booking Option rate
- To create a new Invoice, once you click the the "Create Invoice" option, you will see a list of product rates already associated to the resource via the Booking Options previously set up.
- If you select one of these, the product will appear in the Shopping Cart.
- Once you have accepted payment, you will be asked if you want to attach the new invoice to the rental. Click the Invoice Rental Button.
*Booking Options need to be enabled on this Resource for rate options to appear. You also must be using an event type that has the "invoicing and rentable" option checked.
Creating a New Invoice From Cash Register
- To create a new Invoice, once you click the "Select from Cash Register" option, you are brought to the Cash Register/Point of Sale page to ring up your rental and proceed to check out your customer.
- Once you are at the checkout screen, you will see a notice that the invoice will be added to the event after checkout.
- Once you click the checkout screen the invoice will be automatically assigned to the rental.
Attaching Existing Invoice to Rental
- There is a box where you can type in the invoice number if you know it or you can click on "Search Invoices" to find it.
- After pressing "Search Invoices", you can search for your customer on the new page, and once you are on their profile, click Invoices to display their list of Invoices.
- Select the Invoice for the Rental. Then Copy (Ctrl C) the Invoice number and Paste (Ctrl V) it into the Invoice # field on the event.