*Be sure to check out the Hierarchy Overview before reading this more in depth article.
The Dash “Hierarchy” is the “top to bottom” framework that allows you to offer your programming to your customers across all platforms including:
- Administratively by your personnel
This article explains the order in which the elements of the framework are created and set up. When set up properly, Dash allows your customers to serve themselves to online registration according to your business rules. Dash registration options include (but are not limited to) features such as:
- Automatic proration of classes
- Multiple discount options (eg, sibling discounts, early registration discounts, etc)
- Online team creation with ability to specify deposit amounts
Hierarchy Elements (you will set up each in the order below)
- Programs… allows grouping of programming offers to appear on your website to enhance your customer’s shopping experience.
- Products… a “product” is a fee that you charge for a food or beverage item; a class, camp, or league fee, an hour of rental time on a resource (eg basketball court) or anything that your enterprise sells. The product label, quantity, fee and/or total fee shows up on your customer’s receipt which (in most instances) is automatically emailed to them.
- Discount Engine… a tool in Dash that allows you set up discounts which may (or not) be automatically placed into the Dash shopping cart based on settings selected in our discount set of rules. Any discount may be associated with one or more products. This may be set up and applied to products later.
- Label Name
- Global Price
- Location Specific Price (may differ from global)
- Category / Subcategory
- Customer Required (y/n?)
- Any memberships required in order to purchase product?
- Program associated w/ Product
- UPC Code (barcode scanned)
- GL Code
- Email Template (automatic emailed fulfillment message upon purchase)
- Create Purchase order (if product is an “upsell” product associated w/ another product)
- Discounts to be applied to product (if any)
- If product is on Cash Register, which section of Cash Register
- Tax(es) applied to product (if any)
- Beginning Quantity if inventoried
- Upsell Products to be associated to this product
- Registration Type: determines the structure of registration and payment.
- Season Start
- Season End
- Description (shown online)
- Season Image (shown online)
- Registration Form (collect custom data)
- Registration Email (template email sent automatically to customer by default)
- Deposit Amount (if full payment is not required)
- Payment Plan (finance option that must be created first to set here)
- Online Registration: set your online signup dates.
- Season History: allows retention reporting.
- Typically denotes groups of similar Day of Week (DOW) and/or Skill Level and/or Age
- # of events (allows for proration for late registrants
- Start Date
- Sport Classification
- Age Group
- Skill Level
- Prerequisite level if applicable
- Level Image (shown online)
- Standings Types: (Soccer Points, Sport Default, % Wins standings, Hockey Points “NHL Style”, None) if applicable
- Team (if applicable)
- Individual fee (per event) if applicable
- Registration Fee: one time fee at time of registration.
- Payment Plan (overrides selection in Season settings)
- Custom Registration Form (allows collecting custom data)
- Registration email (automatic email immediately after enrollment)
- Roster lock date
- Online Description
- Max # of teams (if applicable)
- Enrollment age restrictions
- Typically, Classes, Camps, or Teams
- Contains Roster of Participants
- Contains “Manager”
- Online Roster Visibility options: Everyone, Rostered Only, None
- Group may be “Private” (Registration via email invite only)
- Not Private - registration via company website
- Allow waitlist if applicable
- Take Payments administratively
- Whether group is team, class, or camp you may schedule the entire season’s events
- League / Level