If a customer would like to use a credit they have on their account to pay towards an invoice, here is how this can be done in DASH:
- Once all of your items are in the cart, press the "Checkout" button. This will take you to the Payment Screen.
- If a customer has a credit on their account and you get to the Payment Screen, you will see a new tab labeled "Account Credit".
- Once you press Account Credit, it will show you how much credit the customer has. This will also let you know if you have enough credit to pay the entire invoice or whether you can partially pay it using the credit.
- The amount owed will automatically be entered in the "Applied Credit" line. Press the "Use Credit" button. If the credit is less than what is owed, then it will display what the remaining balance is. If more money is owed, press a different payment tab to collect the balance.
- Email Receipt: By default this box is checked. In most cases you will want to send a receipt to your customer but there may be some cases where you choose to not send this.
- Split Tender: You can add more than one type of payment if you choose. For example a cash and a credit card payment at the same time.
- Add Note: A payment note can be added to an invoice for internal records or to pass along any information to the customer.
- When finished, press the "Process Checkout" button on the right hand side.