If you need to reverse a transaction that was originally paid with a check because it was a mistake for example, this is how to reverse it:
NOTE: if you are wanting to refund a customer using a company refund check, please see this article.
- Open up the Invoice that you need to reverse.
- Press the "3-dot" button next to the items you need to reverse and choose Reverse.
- Press the Checkout button once you have reversed all the necessary items.
- Press the "Check" tab within the shopping cart area.
- Select the check type "Regular Check". Enter in the same check the customer originally paid their invoice with.
- Make sure you have the correct person showing as "Invoiced" and that the Check Amount box has the same negative amount as the shopping cart does.
NOTE: Not all employees will be able to see the "Amount" box at the bottom of the page. You must have Customer Credit authority in Employee Authorizations.
- Choose whether or not you want to e-mail the receipt to the customer. Uncheck the box if you do not want to send them a receipt.
- Write a payment note under the "Add Note" section, saying what happened.
- Hit the "Process Checkout" button when ready.