If a customer would like to pay an invoice with multiple payment types, here is how this can be done in Dash:
- Once all of your items are in the cart, press the "Checkout" button. This will take you to the Payment Screen.
- In order to take more than one type of payment, you must check the box "Split Tender".
- The payment type will default to a credit card but you can choose which payment types you want to start with by pressing that payment tab.
- For example, if you want to have the first payment be cash, then the amount owed will automatically be entered in the "Cash Received" line. Enter in the actual amount of cash you are receiving.
- Click the "Add Cash Payment" button.
- Choose your next payment tab and enter in the amount and payment information (credit card, check number, etc). Press the "Add Payment" button so that you can finish processing the payments in the shopping cart.
- Email Receipt: By default this box is checked. In most cases you will want to send a receipt to your customer but there may be some cases where you choose to not send this.
- Add Note: A payment note can be added to an invoice for internal records or to pass along any information to the customer. With Split Payments, you can add a different note for each payment type added.
- On the right hand side of the cart, there will be a summary of the payments that have already been applied. Press the "Process Checkout" button when you are done adding all of the payments.