If a customer would like to pay an invoice using a Gift Card, here is how this can be done in DASH:
- Once all of your items are in the cart, press the "Checkout" button. This will take you to the Payment Screen.
- The payment type will default to a credit card but if you want to pay by Gift Card, press the Gift Card tab.
- You can either scan the card (if you have the gift card in hand) or type in the Redemption Code.
- The amount owed will automatically be entered in the "Amount on Card" line. Note that if the card has a smaller balance than what is owed, you will need to check the box "Split Tender" which allows you to pay with more than just a gift card.
- Email Receipt: By default this box is checked. In most cases you will want to send a receipt to your customer but there may be some cases where you choose to not send this.
- Split Tender: You can add more than one type of payment if you choose. For example a cash and a credit card payment at the same time.
- Add Note: A payment note can be added to an invoice for internal records or to pass along any information to the customer.
- When finished, press the "Process Checkout" button on the right hand side.