Constant Contact makes it easy to send emails that help drive real business results. You can manage email contacts, create email templates, and view in-depth reporting metrics like opens, clicks, and shares for your emails. Constant Contact also helps you stay compliant with important email laws, which are easy to violate when marketing from a personal email account.
Dash is integrated with Constant Contact to make sending customized emails even easier. Here's how to get started with Dash and Constant Contact:
- Linking Constant Contact to Dash
- Exporting Customer Search Results to Constant Contact
- Constant Contact Email Campaign Dashboard
- Constant Contact Best Practices & User Guides
Linking Constant Contact to Dash
For New Constant Contact Customers
To create a new Constant Contact account, visit dashplatform.constantcontact.com.
Once you have created an account, go to your Dash Company Settings, and select Integrations on the left hand menu. Have your Constant Contact user name and password ready and click the "Get Access token" button. It will direct you to the Constant Contact login page to enter in your username and password. This is necessary for the integration between Constant Contact and Dash to happen.
For Existing Constant Contact Customers
If you already have a Constant Contact account that is not currently associated with Dash, email email@example.com. Let them know your existing account username, as well as the partner name you'd like to be moved under (Dash). Once you have emailed Constant Contact go to your Dash Company Settings, and select Integrations on the left hand menu. Have your Constant Contact user name and password ready and click the "Get Access token" button. It will direct you to the Constant Contact login page to enter in your username and password. This is necessary for the integration between Constant Contact and Dash to happen.
Exporting Customer Search Results to Constant Contact
Dash has the ability to export customer lists from the customer search tool directly into a new or existing Constant Contact list. Here is how you do this:
Click on the Customers drop down and select the Search & Email report. Use the Search & Email to filter the customers you are wanting to target. For more on how to target customers, visit the Customer Search & Email section.
Once you have selected your targeted customers, click on the Constant Contact button. You can select to export your search results to an existing Constant Contact email list, or create a new list for better list management. Click Export.
Log into your Company's Constant Contact account. If your list is large, an activity import will be created under Contacts->Activity within Constant Contact. An activity sometimes can take a few minutes to process. Once processed the customers will be a part of the list you imported them to.
From within Constant Contact you can create emails and marketing campaigns. See the section on Constant Contact Best Practices & Tips for help on creating effective email campaigns.
IMPORTANT NOTES ABOUT EXPORTING:
- Customers that have opted out of receiving all emails in Dash and customers with bounce codes are not exported to Constant Contact.
- When exporting to Constant Contact, parental information is exported instead of a child's information (if included).
- If someone has opted out in Constant Contact, it does not opt them out of emails sent through Dash. The communication is a one way street (Dash to Constant Contact only).
Constant Contact Email Campaign Dashboard
A dashboard of past and drafted Constant Contact email campaigns and their stats are provided in Dash.
Click on Settings > Products > Constant Contact. You can also type "Constant Contact" in the global search box.
Constant Contact Best Practices & User Guides
- Don't email blast all your customers in the database.
- Customers are more likely to not hit spam on their email if they receive emails on a regular basis with valuable and interesting content they want to read bi-monthly.
- When sending out emails in constant contact add the permission reminder (part of email setup). This will add a permission note at the top of the email with an unsubscribe link.
- Constant contact looks at spam reports and will suspend accounts if their 1/1000 customers mark an email campaign as spam.
Constant Contact User Guides
List Growth & Management - How to grow & maintain lists
Measurement & Analysis - Interpreting email campaign results
Copy & Content - Optimizing & maximizing campaign engagement
Deliverability - Permission marketing & avoiding SPAM filters
Creating An Email - Customizing templates & sending emails