The Discount Manager can be used to either automatically or manually reduce product fees in the shopping cart both in Dash Online or just in the Admin side if you choose.
First, you need to make sure you have the proper authorization to create discount codes.
By default, the new Product Discount action is part of the Product Management authorization group. This authority action is required to create and manage discounts.
Note: You will need the Product Discount and Product Management authorizations in order to perform the actions in this article.
Creating Discount Codes:
- In the main global search box, start typing "Discount Management" or click on "Settings" in the upper right hand corner and under the Financial section, you will be able to access the "Discount Management" page.
- Name: A human readable name for the discount. Displayed on receipts.
- Discount Type: Can be either
- Percentage: If you want your discount to be a percentage of the item price, use this field.
- Dollar: If you want your discount to be a particular dollar amount, use this field.
Even if you're creating an automatic discount you should enter a unique code here to help track your discounts.
- Visibility: Is the discount available to customers online or only to hosts? Choose In house only (Dash Admin), Online only, or everywhere.
- Required Quantity: The number of product items that need to be in the shopping cart in order for the discount to be valid. For example if a customer needs to purchase 5 days of camp in order to receive a discount, you would say the required quantity is 5. If you have a discount on a dozen bagels, you'd set this field to 12 and assign the discount to the bagel product.
- Remaining Availability: If the Limited Availability box is checked, this box reflects the number of this discount remaining available to any customer. Once the quantity is zero then the discount is not allowed for anyone. For example, if you want to give 10% off to the first 20 people, set this number to 20 when you create the discount and you'll see it count down as people use it.
- Max in Cart: Maximum number of times this discount can be in the shopping cart in one transaction.
There are 3 different types of discounts (Normal, Family, or Single Customer).
- Repeat: Select this option if you want your discount repeated over every applicable item. It will repeat once for every group of whatever number you have set in Required Quantity. It is important to set this option for most percentage style discounts if you want the percentage to apply across the entire group.
Universal: Discount applies to any product - Dash Support controls this option to apply the discount to any product without having to assign it on the product management level.
Sequential Camp Discount: Applies when events are "in a row" (e.g. Sign up for all 5 days and get 5th day fee).
- Same Program: The Program associated with these products must be set on the Product Edit page. i.e. "Camps".
- Same Season: Multiple cart items are from the Same Season.
- Same Team: Multiple cart items are the game Group (class/team/camp).
- Automatic: Discount applies to the product when it's added to a cart without entering a code. You still want to define a code for tracking, however. Again, be careful - automatic discounts can make class transfers and reversals tricky.
- Stackable: Can this discount be combined with other discounts?
- Requires Specific Membership(s): Select memberships required to qualify for this discount.
Applying Discount Code to Product:
To assign discounts to products, click on Settings and press Products. You can also use the global search box and begin to type in "Products" to select the Product page.
- Search for the product you would like to assign the discount to by typing the name in the "Product Name" box and then click Search. A list of results will appear below.
- To the left of the product ID, place a check in the box next to all of the products you want to assign the discount to.
- Click the "Manage Selected products" box at the top of the page to open it.
- In the box titled "Discount" start typing in the discount code name you created (it will autofill), and hit Apply. This will assign the discount to all the products that are currently check marked. When a product is assigned a discount, it just means that the discount may be used on that product. Other restrictions may apply, depending on your discount variables.
NOTE: You can find all products assigned to a specific discount by typing the discount code name and pressing the search button.