Most accounting software (Quickbooks, Intaact, Munis, or Tyler) require a code to track revenue. These GL Codes can be entered into DASH to match your accounting system to make reconciling much easier. Below are some key points to consider:
- GL Codes can be very specific so that you can report on each individual class, for example, or you can make them broad and generic.
- Revenue accounts typically begin with a "4".
- For example: 4111: Adult Soccer League Revenue or 4321 Full Field Rental
- Codes can be numbers, names, or a combo of both.
- GL Codes are not required in DASH but are highly recommended.
- GL Codes can be imported into the system if needed. We have included an example "Chart of Accounts" from Arena Sports below to look at.
Creating New GL Codes
- From the global search box, start typing in "GL Codes" or click on "Settings" and under the Financial section, you will see GL Codes.
- Click the + button to create a New Product GL Code.
- Enter the GL Code you wish to add (can be either letters or numbers) and add the GL Description.
Editing or deleting an existing GL Code
- From the GL Code listing page, click the field for the GL code or description you need to change or the garbage can icon if you would like to delete it.
Assigning a GL Code to Products
- From the global search box, start typing in "Products" or click on "Settings" and under the Products section, you will be able to click on the Products page.
- If you are looking at a specific product set-up page, there is a field labeled "Product GL". Start typing the name of the GL Code you created in this field and select it.
- The form will auto save once you click out of the field.
- From the Product Search page GL Codes can be applied to multiple products using the "Manage Selected Products" section. Start typing the code you want in the GL Codes field to get a menu of your options. Check the boxes you want the code assigned to and then press the Apply button.
Assigning GL to Payment Types
You can create and assign GL codes to payment types in the Deposit Cutoff page.
Once you have entered your GL Codes into the software and have attached GL Codes to your products, you can run a GL report to see how much money is being "invoiced" by GL.
- From the global search box, start typing in "GL Report" or click on "Reports" and select "General Ledger".
- Choose a location and time frame to report.
- You can also view the report by Program Type if you have added Programs into the software.
- If you would like to see more details, be sure to click the "Product Details" option. From here you can click the links to see individual invoices.