Resources are the areas on the Calendar where events can be placed on such as Fields, Rooms, Pools or other location sites. They can be divided into smaller sections called Sub-Resources.
Resources can also be organized into Resource Groups, which allows the user to view specific groupings when viewing the calendar like "Outdoor Fields", "Picnic Shelters" or "Party Rooms".
Below are shortcuts to the different resource topics covered within this article.
In order to get to the Resource Management page, you can either start typing "Resources" in the global search box or click on Settings in the upper right hand corner and click on Resources.
- Select the location where the new resource should be added and press the "+" symbol to add a new Resource.
- Fill out all of the required fields marked with a red triangle along with any other settings you wish to add at this time. Extra help information is provided on fields with a question mark icon. Hover over the icon with your cursor or tap it for more information on the field.
- If you set a Resource Type that has a Booking Option linked to it and you also set a Booking Option on the Resource Page, the Booking Option set at the Resource will take precedence.
- Once you save your Resource, you are taken to the newly created Resource page where you can edit the Resource settings.
Additional Resource Options
- DASH Online Settings: In this section, you can add an employee or user that will be responsible for the resource. If a customer creates a Reservation, the User will receive an email and a Task will be assigned to them to follow up with the customer. If a customer books a resource online, the User will also receive an email letting them know about the new booking. Files can be added to resources to display online.
- Sub-Resources: Create subsections of Resources so that you can schedule multiple events at the same time on a single Resource.
- Blocking Rules: Blocking rules allow you to block one or more resources when a specific resource has been booked for an event.
- For example, if you have an event for the Entire Facility you would want to create a Resource called "Entire Facility". Then create blocking rules for each of your other resources saying that when the "Entire Facility" is in use, you cannot book anything else.
- Amenities: Each resource can have tags which will be used for the Online Booking feature. Customers can search for an open availability that include these specific features.
You must be logged into the Location you wish to create Resource Groups for (this only pertains to customers that have multiple facilities/locations in DASH). To get to the Resource Management page you can either start typing "Resources" in the global search box or click on Settings in the upper right hand corner and click on Resources.
- Press the "+" symbol to add a new Resource Group.
- Enter a Resource Group Name in the field, select the resources to add to the group and click "Save New Resource Group" at the bottom.
- From the Calendar page you can now choose your group from the Select Resource Group dropdown menu.
Resources can have sub-resources to help organize activities on portions of the entire resource. For example, splitting a field into 2 smaller areas allows you to rent out half of the field for different team practices.
Resource management can be accessed from the Settings page or by starting to type "Resources" in the Global Search Box. From here you can create, view or edit existing resources, sub-resources and blocking rules.
Select the Resource Name to navigate to the Resource edit page. From there, click on the "+" to create a new Sub-Resource.
Enter the Sub-Resource name and Short Name.
Subsections are ordered alphabetically and numerically. A-Z and 1-9.