IMPORTANT: Customers will not be able to register successfully until your camp has events associated to it on the calendar. See Class & Camp Scheduler when you are done creating the camp rosters.
- Go to the Programs menu and then press Camps. Click on the "New Camp" button.
- Camp Name: Choose a name specific to this camp so you can differentiate it from other camps within this Level when searching. Also keep in mind the name will be on the customer's invoice.
- Location: Leave as the main location running this program.
- Season: Choose the season from the dropdown list.
- Level: Choose the specific level from the dropdown list.
- Type: Predefined as Camp
- Fee: Will auto populate what was set at the Level. You can customize this camp to use a different fee than the other camps within the Level.
- Responsible: When a customer is added to this camp roster the Employee listed as "Responsible" will receive an automatic e-mail notification regarding the registration.
- Classifications: Will auto populate what was set at the Level.
- Camps: Will auto populate what was set at the Level. Can be manually adjusted for camps that will have fewer sessions due to a holiday or other restriction.
- Min/Max Roster Size: Be sure to enter a min and max number of customers (on-line registration will close or Waitlist will start if max number of participants is reached). Keep in mind this is for the entire roster not for each individual event roster.
- Required Number of Registration Days: Leave blank if there isn't a minimum number of days required. Otherwise customers will be required to meet the number entered in order to register.
- Start Date: Will auto populate what was set at the Level.
- Event Length: This is the default duration the Class & Camp Scheduler and Create Event will use when placing the class events on the calendar resource.
- Day of Week: Used for Class & Camp Scheduler and searching on Program Finder/Class Search.
- Registration Form: Will trump what is set at the Season or Level Maintenance page.
- Notes: When creating a camp you can add a camp note. After the camp has been created, you can choose to add more notes that can be labeled as "private" which only can be seen on the admin side or "public" which can be seen by the customers in Dash Online.
- Private: Do not check this unless you want participants to join by invitation only.
- Allow online registration: If you want customers to register online, make sure this is set to "yes".
- Allow online messaging: Typically No for camps. This will allow the members of the camp to send messages via Dash Online to each other. This is usually used for the Team function.
- Allow waitlist: Optional
Use the Camp Scheduler feature to assign all of the camps to the calendar. You can also create a specific camp event series directly from the calendar.
Instructors: Assign employee to event series, once it's created. This employee can subscribe to their calendar to view their coaching schedule.
Test in both the Dash Console and Online and to make sure everything comes up correctly.