The new version of DASH has an updated User Interface for the Event Type set-up page.
Here is how you create a new event type:
- From the Global Search box, start typing the word "Event Types" until you can select it. You can also click "Settings" in the upper right hand corner and then look for "Event Types" listed under the "Programs" section.
- Click the green “+” button alongside the left sidebar to create a new event type.
- Fill out all of the required fields marked with a red triangle along with any other settings you wish to add at this time. Extra help information is provided on fields with a question mark icon. Hover over the icon with your cursor or tap it for more information on the field.
- Click “Save New Event Type” to create the new Event Type.
Event Types Page
This page shows all currently active Event Types by default. You can view inactive event types by toggling the “Show Inactive Event Types” switch in the left sidebar column. To view settings for any of the event types, click on an event type to open the settings. You will see two tabs available on the left hand side, “Settings” and “Booking Event Settings”.
- Settings: If you click on an individual event type you will view the settings for that event type. Click or tap any of the settings on the page to edit them. The settings are saved automatically so there is no need to save. Extra help information is provided on fields with a question mark icon. Hover over the icon with your cursor or tap it for more information on the field.
- Booking Event Settings: These settings are specific to using this event type within a booking. You can add fees to be applied to the booking for this event type along with setting a contract and conditions of use for the booked event.
- Additional Event Fee: Start typing in event fees that you would like to add to the event. An example for this may be a Lighting fee, Tables, or Chairs.
- Contract: If you begin to type the word "contract", you will see the available Jasper Booking Contract to select from.
- Conditions of Use: Type in this section any special conditions that need to be seen by the customer on their contract for this specific Event Type.