Here is how you create a new product:
- From the Global Search box, start typing the word "Products" until you can select it.
- From the Product Search page, click the blue + button.
- Fill out all of the required fields marked with a red triangle along with any other settings you wish to add at this time. Extra help information is provided on fields with a question mark icon. Hover over the icon with your cursor or tap it for more information on the field.
- Once you save your product, you are taken to the newly created product’s page where you can edit the product’s settings.
- Once you have created your product you can use the Search feature on the left side of the page to filter your products list by Name, GL code, or product category. Click the blue Search button to see your list of products.
Additional Product Options:
Active DiscountsShows discounts currently applied to this product. In order to add an existing discount to a product, you will need to go to the Product Search page, Click the blue Search button to display your products list then click "Manage Selected Products" to display the tool to add discounts to your selected products.
Location SettingsSet specific settings for different locations. These settings will override any settings on the “Settings” panel for this product at the selected location. Locations that have settings applied to them are listed on the right under “Locations with custom settings”.
Note: If you charge sales tax, you will need to add a Location for the product and set the Sales Tax at this point.
Add a LocationYou can add a location by filling out the “Add new location settings” form on the left side of the panel.
2. Edit and Deleting a Location
Click or tap the location in the “Locations with Custom Settings” list to open up the settings for that location. Click or tap the settings to edit them; the settings are saved automatically. If you need to Delete the Settings, Click or tap "Delete settings for this location" in the upper right.
InventorySet inventory settings for the product. See Rental Inventory Management.
Upsell ProductsUse the text box to search for products that are to be upsold with this product. When you have selected a product it will be added to the list of upsell products. If you need to delete an upsell, click or tap the trash can on the right-hand side of the product.
- Activating and deactivating a product
A product can be “active,” which means it is usable within the system and is shown in search results, or “inactive,” which means the product is not usable within the system and is only shown in search results when “Show inactive products” is checked. To inactivate or activate a product click the switch at the top of the left-hand sidebar labeled “Product Active”/”Product Inactive”.