If you need to reverse a transaction and refund a customer's credit card, this is how to reverse it:
NOTE: See our partial refund article if you are not refunding the invoice entirely.
Open up the Invoice that you need to reverse.
- Press the "R" next to the items you need to reverse.
- Press the Checkout button once you have reversed all the necessary items.
- Make sure you have the correct person showing as "Invoiced" and that the Amount on Card box has the same negative amount as the shopping cart does.
NOTE: Not all employees will be able to do Partial Payments. You must have Customer Credit authority in Employee Authorizations.
- Choose whether or not you want to e-mail the receipt to the customer. Uncheck the box if you do not want to send them a receipt.
- Write a payment note under the "Add Note" section, saying what happened.
- You will be prompted to select a credit card from the drop down menu to reverse it on to. The *customer (that the shopping cart is assigned to) should have a list of cards. These are any cards that the customer has used within the last year.
- Hit the "Process Checkout" button when ready.