If you need to reverse a transaction and either give your customer Cash back or if you mistakenly rang up a transaction as Cash, this is how to reverse it:
- Open up the Invoice that you need to reverse.
- Press the "R" next to the items you need to reverse.
- Press the Checkout button once you have reversed all the necessary items.
- Press the "Cash" tab within the shopping cart area.
- Make sure you have the correct person showing as "Invoiced" and that the Cash Received box has the same negative amount as the shopping cart does.
NOTE: Not all employees will be able to see the "Partial Payment" box at the bottom of the page. You must have Customer Credit authority in Employee Authorizations.
- Choose whether or not you want to e-mail the receipt to the customer. Uncheck the box if you do not want to send them a receipt.
- Write a payment note under the "Add Note" section, saying what happened.
- Hit the "Process Checkout" button when ready.