You can add multiple parents or guardians to a child's account so that the adult can access any important information in DASH online and to receive game reminders.
Here is how this is done in the Dash Console:
- Create the primary parent account and the child account and make sure to have the box checked to sync contact information with the primary parent.
- Go to the second parent account in DASH, and click the "Add Family" button.
- A box will appear asking who should be added to the account. Since the child's account has already been created, you can click Search down below at the existing customer section to find the child or if you already know the Customer ID (CID) you can type it in the box. Click ADD once the CID is entered in the box. Repeat this process if there are more children to add.
- Leave the box unchecked because you only want to sync the contact information with one parent.
- Now if each parent logs into their DASH Online account they will see their children.
- Only the primary (synced) parent will receive team e-mails or marketing e-mails geared towards the kid's season.
- Adults can never see other adults info in DASH Online even if they are part of the same family in DASH. This is for privacy reasons and in the case like separated or divorced families, it is best not to allow ex-spouses access to any personal information.
- In the case where a family has one e-mail address but 2 adults, you will need to manually change their passwords in DASH so each one has their own password along with the e-mail address to log-in to DASH Online.