Monthly and yearly memberships can be used to automatically renew and charge the customer's account.
To automatically renew and collect membership fees:
- You must setup a membership with auto renew turned on at the product level.
- Collect payment information for either a credit card or bank account for doing EFT. It is important that customers who have memberships that auto renew contain payment information or they will not be charged.
- When a customer has a membership that auto renews, the membership will renew on the expiration date, creating a new invoice for the membership amount with a payment schedule for the total invoiced.
- The payment is then collected on the customer Bill Day of that month listed on their payment information.
- Customer with ACH/EFT payment information will need to be collected manually through your bank's EFT process. To get your EFT amount you will run the customer membership report and format it according to your banks standards. Most banks can accept a CSV (comma separated file via spreadsheet software) to make the EFT. Doing EFT is a manual process but only needs to be done once a month.