A customer can be invoiced ahead of time for anything you sell. This can include, but is not limited to, field rentals, birthday parties, team or class fees, or even a pitcher of beer. See Creating Customer Credit to learn how to do this.
If a customer decides to cancel their class they were signed up for, for example, and you need to reverse the transaction, this is how to do this:
- Go to the customer's profile page and open the Invoice page. Click on the Invoice that you want to reverse.
- Press the 3 dots to the right of the product you want and select Reverse.
- Once the shopping cart matches the original invoice, press Checkout.
- Click on the Cash tab.
- Change the Cash Received box to $0 if the customer did not pay anything originally towards the invoice.
- Note #1: The reason why you want to change the payment box is because this amount is what effects your daily till. If you left it at the same amount that was in your shopping cart, then it will look like you refunded the customer that amount in CASH (not good).
- Note #2: If the customer paid partially for this invoice then you would want to put that amount in the Payment box. In my example below, if the customer paid $50 originally that I wanted to refund onto a Credit card, I would enter the credit card number and change the payment box to -$50.
- Make a payment note about why you are reversing the invoice and choose whether you want to send the invoice to the customer. Hit the Process Checkout button.