To create a membership product, click on the Settings button in the upper right hand corner. Select Products from the menu on the left and Products again in that section. Press the green "New Product" button.
- Fill out all of the required fields marked with a red triangle along with any other settings you wish to add at this time. Extra help information is provided on fields with a question mark icon. Hover over the icon with your cursor or tap it for more information on the field.
- Name: Type a Description for the membership (Ex: Arena Sports Annual Individual Membership or Arena Sports Annual Family Membership).
- Product Type: Choose Membership. For directions on how to create a "Normal" product please visit this page.
- Category: Select Miscellaneous
- Subcategory: Memberships
- Length: Choose the length of time for your membership to last.
- Family: If this is going to be a Family membership, the system will know to apply a membership to everyone listed under the primary account.
- Auto re-new: If you choose yes, the customer's membership will automatically renew when it expires and create a new invoice.
- Card Design File: This section is to be used if you are printing membership cards through DASH or Jolly Print Software.
- Program: Each product can be tied to a Program if you choose. If you create programs you can run your financial reports and narrow down the money your company brought in by program type.
- UPC Code: The UPC is not used for this type of product because it will not be able to be rung up anywhere else except from the customer's profile page.
- Product GL: Enter in a GL Code if you have already created one for all your memberships (highly recommended for accounting reporting purposes).
- Available on-line: If you want your customers to see this membership as an option to purchase via DASH online if they have an expired membership or if they are required to have a membership in order to play in a season, then choose "Yes" to this question.
- Create Purchase Order: If you would like to have this item tied to a purchase order and track it via the purchase order report, click yes.
- Up-sell Products: If you would like to add alternate products to offer the customer to purchase at the time the shopping cart appears, you can add these products here. Start typing in the first word of the product and it will begin to auto fill in products stored. Click Add.
- Email Template: Anytime a customer purchases this product, you can choose an e-mail template to be included along with their receipt.
- Once you save your product, you are taken to the newly created project’s page where you can edit the product’s settings.
Note: If you charge sales tax on your membership, you will need to add a Location for the product and set the Sales Tax at this point.