In this article we will go over the steps on the different methods a customer can request to join a team and how the Team Manager can accept a request.
Request to Join a Team
There a couple different ways you can get to the Program Finder to see available team to Join. You may be on a website and see a list of programs available. You can use the search parameters on the left hand side to narrow down what you are looking for. If you see a button that says "Join" this means it is a Private team that is managed by a customer. In order to be added to the roster, you will need to either be invited by the team manager/coach or initiate a request to join.
Another way to access the Program Finder is through the registration process in DASH Online. Here are the steps in this process:
- From the DASH Online login page, click the "Login" button in the upper right hand corner.
- From the DASH Online home page, there are a couple places where you can press the "Registration" button.
- Select who in your family you are looking to register and then you will be sent to a page that asks which Registration type you want to filter for. You may see a screen that displays a list of different programs such as Classes, Camps, Teams, etc OR another option could display a more detailed program description like Adult Leagues, Youth leagues, Sports Camps, Preschool, etc.
- The next screen will ask if you are wanting to create a new team or join an existing one. In this case, you are wanting to Join an existing team.
- From here, you will be brought to the Program Finder. It will automatically filter for the programs that the person you selected to register is qualified for. If you see a "Join" button, you can send a request to that team manager to be added to the roster. Click the "Join" button next to the team you are interested in.
- At this point, an email will be sent to the Team Manager/Coach to let them know a player has requested to be added to their team. Once they have accepted your request, you will receive an email like this.
- You will now be able to log back into DASH Online and you will be on the roster and can make a payment.
Accepting a Player (Requests to Join)
A Team Manager or Coach will receive an email every time a player has asked to join their team. The email they receive will look like this:
The manager can click on the link within the email to be directed to the DASH Online login page. Once you have logged in, you will see a message on the home page about pending requests. Click to view these requests.
All players that have requested to join will appear. You can choose to accept, reject, or ignore. You can also send them a note if you choose. You could let them know how much to pay for the team for example.
Once you have accepted the team request, the player will be notified via email (if you clicked that option).
The player will then be added to the roster immediately and can make a payment when they log into their account.