Scholarships are general credits you can give to customers to use to redeem products you specify. You can decide how much a single person can use from the total Scholarship fund.
Type in Scholarship into the global search bar to get to the Scholarship page.
Creating a Scholarship
In order to create or edit Scholarships, a User must have the "Scholarship Management" authorization assigned to their Role.
When creating a scholarship you will fill out the following parameters:
- Name: What you would like to call the scholarship.
- GL Code: The GL code that you would like to track this scholarship with.
- Type: This can be percentage or dollar amount. A dollar amount means that the admin has to specify the amount used each time the scholarship is redeemed. The percentage means the customer can use this scholarship anytime as a percentage discount.
- Funds: This is the total amount the scholarship fund has available to disperse.
- Fund Allocation Maximum: This allows you flexibility on going over the specified amount in the Funds attribute.
- Date Range: You can choose if you want the scholarship only to apply within a specific range. For a Program registration, the season dates must fall within the scholarship date range in order for it to work.
- Global: If you have multiple locations in Dash, you can decide whether a customer can use this scholarship at any of the locations or just where the scholarship was created.
- Minimum Payment Type: This allows you to chose a minimum amount each customer has to pay for the product.
Adding Redeemable products
Once the scholarship is created, you will be taken to the page where you can select the products. Simply search for the product and select it to add it as a redeemable product. The Program, Category, and Sub Category headers are searchable for your convenience. Just select what item you want to filter by in the drop down and the table will automatically update to display the correct products.
You are able to edit allocations from both the scholarship page and the customer profile page.
From the Scholarship Page
When allocating a scholarship you can add an individual customer or the Customer’s family. If you add a parent to the scholarship, each kid will automatically be added to it as well. If you add only the child to the scholarship, only the child will be allowed to use it.
On this screen you are also allowed to bulk update and bulk delete. Simply just click on “Edit Amounts” and this will bring you to the bulk edit screen.
If you would like to update specific families allocations, fill out the form, select each family and then click save. All of the families’ allocations will be update.
If you would like to bulk delete the scholarship allocations; select each family and click the delete button.
From the customer page
There is now a button on the customer profile page to view and edit scholarships. From this page you will be able to see how much the customer has used and update the individual allocations for the scholarship.
Using Scholarship Dash Admin
When using the scholarship on the Dash Admin side you will see an “Apply Scholarship” button on the checkout page. This page will take you to a screen where you can apply each scholarship to each line item in the cart. You also can use the scholarship on an existing invoice for a redeemable product. To apply to an existing invoice you must open the invoice and click "Apply Scholarship".
Scholarship Dash Online
Customers will have access to all of their scholarships from the home page. This will allow them to see how much the have left on their scholarships and the transaction history.
When going to checkout, the customer will see the same “Apply Scholarship” button if they have a percentage discount. When they hit this button the scholarships will automatically be applied to each line item.
Scholarships can be reported by running a GL report and looking at the GL Code used when you set up the Scholarship.