In the first version of the Online Booking feature, customers were able to search for open resources and submit a reservation request. In our second version, we have added the ability to add certain resources to book online now if you choose.
Here is what the customer will see Online:
When the customer first comes to the Reservation Search screen, all Resources that have been assigned to a Booking Option and are listed on the Admin side to at least be visible, will appear on the screen. If a resource has a unique address, there will be a red pin on the map.
There are 7 different filters that can be used to search for online reservations:
- Resource Type: It will be important to designate resources by resource types so customers can narrow down their searches. For example, they may only want to but view Picnic Shelters or Soccer Fields.
- Location: If you have multiple locations in your DASH account, they will appear in the drop down for your customer to view.
- Date Range: A single day or a range up to 60 days can be entered to see a list of available time slots.
- Duration: The amount of time in minutes that you need. This answers the question “I need a resource for 1 hour.”
- Amenities: The ability to search for the tags on a resource. This answers the question “I need a resource with a projector and a whiteboard.”
- Days of the Week: The ability to search for an available resource on a specific day of the week. This answers the question “I need a resource on a Saturday."
- Time of Day: This is a replacement for “Reservation Time” , but has English verbiage associated to it now (All, Morning, Afternoon, Evening, Custom).
Let's look at a specific example. I would like to reserve a room sometime between 7/17-7/31 for an hour at night but I need wifi and a projector. Here is how I would set that up:
Once you have entered in your search criteria, you will see a list of resources and under each resource it will display the days that match your request. From this list, you can choose to click on a day that you are interested in viewing or press the Resource name to view a full month's availability.
- Individual Day: When selecting an individual day from the search results, you will be brought to that specific days availability.
- Once you have selected the time on the calendar and press the "Request Reservation" button, a form will appear to gather more information. Once this is filled out, the customer will receive an automatic email that their request has been submitted. The staff that has been assigned to the resource will also receive an email with the request information submitted by the customer and will also have a Task assigned to them in DASH. It will be up to the staff member to follow up with the customer and complete the Task in DASH.
- If you have selected a time on the calendar and see a "Reserve" option, it means you can purchase this online. A form will also be filled out and an email will be sent to the staff member assigned to the resource.
- Note: In order to "reserve" a resource you must be logged into a DASH Online account to complete the checkout process.
- Full Month View from Resource page: If you select a resource to view from your search results, you will see the Resource information including any images, description, rental rates, hours, address, and the availability for the month selected.
We have added an Email template on every customer's DASH account that can be used to send out to your customer base to let them know about the new Reservation Request feature. This is a very basic email that can be added upon which includes a link to a quick overview video. The email template is called "DASH Online Booking".